Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Another delay

Since the county signed off on the permit, I thought the system was ready to start working. All that was left was for PG&E to swap out the meter on my house for one that could run backwards, and to connect the 2 systems. I was told that PG&E typically takes 3-4 weeks to do this. So, after waiting 2 weeks and hearing nothing from PG&E, I decided to give them a call to see when the connection would happen. That is when I got my next surprise. PG&E never received the request from the solar company to do the connection. Once they do, they have 30 business days to do the hook up, but their goal is 10 days.

So, my next phone call was to Real Goods Solar to find out what the hold up was in getting the paperwork to PG&E. I know all the paperwork PG&E required was ready, since the helpful agent at PG&E had pointed me to a list on their website, and I had received a packet from Real Goods that had my copies of all the documents. Apparently, the finance company that Real Goods used for my transaction hadn't signed off on it yet. I am not sure why this is a holdup, as PG&E doesn't require anything from the finance company to do the hookup. The agent at Real Goods said it was in process and should be taken care of this week. I sure hope so, since the system is doing nothing sitting on my roof not hooked up to the meter.

What upsets me the most is that once again there was no communication from them on an issue. The last contact I had from them was the day of the inspection, when the rep said all he had to do was go back to the office and send the paperwork in to PG&E, and then it was all in their hands to get it turned on. Obviously, that wasn't true. And two weeks later, i is still not true. If I had not called to find out when the next step would happen, I would not even be aware of the issue.

I guess we will see if the paper work gets to PG&E next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment