When I first started tracking my solar production, I was looking multiple times a day at how the panels were doing. This was back in March. Now, I check once a month or so. Not sure if that is because I am so busy at work, or because the newness has worn off.
Anyway, the numbers for August are in (and have been for a few weeks). I finally got around to seeing how I did. My bill from PG&E was $205 for the month. Total usage was 1330 KWh, with an additional 814.92 KWh coming from the panels. Had I not had the solar panels, my cost would have been $562. Even with the medical allowance, it would only have gone down to $410. So, my savings for the month were significant, over $350 for the month.
However, according to the projections, my generation was supposed to be 863 KWh. I am still about 10% below the production target for the year. We will see how this trend continues. So far, April was the only month I was close to the target production, and I have never met, let alone exceeded the target.